States of India and their Capitals – Friends, today we are here to provide you the names of the states of India and their capitals, India is divides into a total of 28 states and 8 union territories. Every state of our country has a different culture, costumes, language and a separate identity.
But the best thing is that people in India live together, all these states are divided based on their culture and language.
India is a democratic country where everyone has a right to speak on their own can fight for their rights. There is also separate election for every state as the people of state choose their own government by giving votes to them.
In the states of India elections are held every 5 year and with this people choose their government or a candidate according to their voting.
Number of States in India
India has a total of 28 states and 8 Union Territories.
What is Union Territories?
The Union Territories are dominated by the Central Government and there is a Lieutenant Governor as an Administrator, who is the representative of the President of India and appointed by the Central Government.
Name List of States and Their Capitals of India with Foundation Date
|State Name||Capital||Foundation Date or Statehood||Largest City|
|Andhra Pradesh||Amaravati||1 November 1956||Visakhatapatnam|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar||20 February 1987||Itanagar|
|Assam||Dispur||26 January 1950||Guwahati|
|Bihar||Patna||26 January 1950||Patna|
|Chattisgarh||Nava Raipur||1 November 2000||Raipur|
|Goa||Panaji||30 May 1987||Vasco da Gama|
|Gujarat||Gandhinagar||1 May 1960||Ahmedabad|
|Haryana||Chandigarh||1 November 1966||Faridabad|
|Himachal Pradesh||Shimla (Summer)|
|25 January 1971||Shimla|
|Jharkhand||Ranchi||15 November 2000||Jamshedpur|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru/Banglore||1 November 1956||Bengaluru|
|Kerala||Thiruvananthapuram||1 November 1956||Kochi|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal||26 January 1950||Indore|
|1 May 1960||Mumbai|
|Manipur||Imphal||21 January 1972||Imphal|
|Meghalaya||Shillong||21 January 1972||Shillong|
|Mizoram||Aizawl||20 February 1987||Aizawl|
|Nagaland||Kohima||1 December 1963||Dimapur|
|Odisha||Bhubaneswar||26 January 1950||Bhubaneswar|
|Punjab||Chandigarh||1 November 1966||Ludhiana|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur||26 January 1950||Jaipur|
|Sikkim||Gangtok||16 May 1975||Gangtok|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai||1 November 1956||Chennai|
|Telgana||Hyderabad||2 June 2014||Hyderabad|
|Tripura||Agartala||21 January 1972||Agartala|
|Uttar Pradesh||Lucknow||26 January 1950||Kanpur|
|9 November 2000||Dehradun|
|West Bengal||Kolkata||26 January 1950||Kolkata|
Union Territories and Their Capitals with their Foundation Date
|Union Territories||Capitals||Foundation Date|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair||1 November 1956|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh||1 November 1966|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Daman||26 January 2020|
|Delhi||New Delhi||1 November 1956|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar (Summer)|
|31 October 2019|
|31 October 2019|
|Lakshadweep||Kavaratti||1 November 1956|
|Puducherry||Puducherry||16 August 1962|
Some Interesting Facts About India
1. India is the second-largest country in terms of population.
2. More than 10000 languages are spoken here.
3. The National language of India is “Hindi”.
4. India (Meghalaya) is the wettest place on Earth.
5. Its maximum length from North to South is 3, 214 km. The maximum width from East to West is 2,933 km.
6. Most of the cultivation in India is based on monsoon.
7. The main occupation in India is also farming.
8. India also has the highest rail bridge on earth which “Chenab Bridge”.
9. India is a secular country, so all religions are given equal status here. People of Hindu, Sikh, Muslim, Christian, Jain, etc. religions live here.
10. India has 22 recognised languages.
11. India was also the first country to mine diamonds.
12. The origin of the popular game Snake and Ladder is also India.
13. Andaman and Nicobar Islands (8,249) are the largest in terms of area and Lakshadweep is the smallest union territory with an area of 32 square kilometers.
14. The world’s largest fair is held in India which is called the “Kumbh Mela”. And it can be seen from the space.
15. India is the largest English language speaking country in the world.
16. The world’s most vegetarian people live in India.
17. World’s largest Sundial is located in India (Jaipur).
18. In some places of India like Chattisgarh state people use Coke and Pepsi as a pesticide on their rice crops.
19. India has one of the lowest divorce rate in the whole world.
20. India is also the origin of Yoga and Ayurveda.
Also, Watch Name of States and Capitals of India on Youtube in English
FAQs on Name of States and Capitals of India in English
There are 28 states and 8 union territories in India.
New Delhi is the capital of India.
- Essay on Badminton in English
- Essay on Dr. B R Ambedkar
- Essay on Tajmahal in English
- 30+ Fruits Name in English
If you liked this article Name of States and Capitals of India in English then don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. If you have any questions or suggestions about this article, then let us know by commenting down below in the comment section.
3 thoughts on “Name of States and Union Territories of India with The Name of their Capitals 2021”
Thanks. Keep Reading
You were not mistaken, truly