Short Essay on Rabindranath Tagore: We are here to share an essay on Rabindranath Tagore in English for students of primary classes 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5. Rabindranath Tagore was born in a rich family of Kolkata. He was the youngest son of Devendranath Tagore.
10 Lines About Rabindranath Tagore For Kids
1) Rabindranath Tagore was born into a rich family in Kolkata.
2) He was the Youngest son of his father Devendranath Tagore.
3) Gurudev was the name given to Rabindranath Tagore.
4) He was a poet, musician, and artist. And all his family members are well-educated and art lovers.
5) In Kolkata he established Vishwa Bharti University also known as Shanti Niketan in 1921.
6) His top two creations are “Jana Gana Mana” for India and for Bangladesh “Amar Shonar Bangla”.
7) For his poem Geetanjali, he was awarded Nobel Prize for literature in 1913.
8) His well-known novels are named Gora, Raja, Binodini, and Nauka Dubi.
9) Kabuliwala is one of the many short stories by Rabindranath Tagore.
10) At the age of 80 years, he died in Kolkata in 1941.
Short Essay on Rabindranath Tagore For Kids
Rabindranath Tagore was born into a rich family in Kolkata.
He was the youngest son of Devendranath Tagore.
All his family members are well-educated and art lovers.
Usually, he was educated mostly at home.
Afterward to study law he was sent to England. He stayed there for almost a year and returned back to India.
He started writing in Bengali Language and soon gained fame.
He wrote many poems, short stories, novels, plays, and essays.
His famous creations were Gitanjali, Aaamar Sonar Bangla, Ghereber, Rabindra Sangeet, etc.
Also Read – Short Essay on Dr. B. R.Ambedkar
His creation got very much popular and he got Nobel Prize for Literature Service.
He was awarded the Nobel Prize for the English version of his book “Gitanjali.”
Many of his compositions have been translated into English.
He was also a philosopher, artist, and social artist.
He started a school named Visva- Bharati in 1863 and it was started in Shantiniketan ashram where he used to meditate.
He was the poet who gave the famous and sweet National Anthem “Jana Gana Mana” to our country.
During the protest in Jallianwala Bagh Massacre, he returned an award given by the British Government, because of his love for his country. He was very sad by that tragedy as the Britishers killed many children and women.
His great writing still inspires the people from every country.
Always through his poems and stories, he told about love and harmony.
Related Essay –
- Short Essay on Sports
- Essay on Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
- Best Self Introduction in English For School Students
- Essay on Republic Day
Short Essay On Rabindranath Tagore In English: If you liked this article, then don’t forget to share it with your friends and family. If you have any questions or suggestions about this article, then let us know by commenting down below in the comment section.